THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 10, 2010

Handle With Care

Can I get a moving walkway for all this emotional baggage?

I'm tired of carrying it around. Or better yet, make like a real airport and lose it. Drop it in the middle of Lake Michigan or the Bermuda Triangle. Leave its contents to be pulled and plucked at by the curious lips of strange ocean fish.

If that doesn't work, let's strap it haphazardly to the roof of some suburban mini-van and see how far we can get. Somewhere along the curves and bends of some lonely interstate highway I'll smile as it topples over the side, following the passing of an eighteen wheeler.

I'm free.

They'll flutter out of the open suitcase as it lies agape by the side of the road, like a giant face caught in a yawn. Moments, like shredded newspaper ads, litter the azure sky, the road, the windshields of cars. Travelers switch their wipers to "On", unaware of what they are brushing away.

As we speed further down the road, the wrinkles of my mind ease and slacken, spreading my memory out flat. I hold in a sigh. I let out a grin.

Miles behind, caught in between the blades of a beat-up Toyota is the memory of us.

And with a casual sweep, it's gone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back.

Kittie Flyn said...

Maybe we can create some sort of recycling plant where we leave our emotional baggage, let others clean and purify it and give it back to us in other ways.

The joke goes "I've got enough emotional baggage to travel around the world"...or something like that.

Great post!

fingers said...

One chick's emotional baggage is another chick's Louis Vuitton ensemble.
Leave it out for those people who've never experienced heartbreak, disappointment or failure to open and enjoy...

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Have you hit the jackpot, girly (not Mary Jane - though that could be a new nomenclature for weed). I should be a stand-up on the boardwok I'm so #@!! funny, y'think? Nevertheless, I have provided you, with my 10 blogs, fulla hardcore, sardonic satire, a vast plethora of avant-garde-wit. And they're all free for the plagiarizm. All I asketh of thee, my just and fair liege, is you make it to Heaven where I shall kiss thy adorable feet. God blessa youse -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL